HVAC, which stands for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, is a type of technology that can deliver both hot and cold air to a home. The entire purpose of these systems is to make indoor environments safe and comfortable. It can be helpful to learn more about this kind of residential or commercial technology. There are four varieties of Houston HVAC systems. AC Man of Houston pinpoints the 4 varieties of Houston HVAC systems to help you better understand the different types that exist. Every system type is available in different sizes and with different specifications, which means you should be able to find something that meets the needs of your home or business.
1. Heating and AC Split Systems
It’s very common to see split heating and AC systems. These models require system components to be placed inside and outside of a building. The majority of split Houston HVAC systems have the following qualities:
- An AC system that can cool the refrigerant.
- Furnaces that are paired with a fan or an evaporator coil that is used to convert the refrigerant before circulating air.
- A thermostat or control panel that allows you to manage your system.
- Ducts that spread air throughout a building.
- Accessories that improve indoor air quality, such as humidifiers, purifiers, UV lamps, and air cleaners.
2. Hybrid Heat Split Systems
A hybrid heat system is a more advanced version of a traditional split system. These systems are more energy efficient than classic split systems. Typically, these systems have a heat pump that allows for an electrically fueled system that is above a standard gas furnace. A cost-effective, high-quality hybrid heat split system will offer:
- A heat pump that can cool or heat the refrigerant.
- A furnace
- An evaporator coil that can convert the refrigerant and circulate air.
- Ducts that can distribute air throughout a building.
An interface that allows you to control and adjust your system, as well as optional accessories that are designed to improve air quality.
3. Duct-Free Split HVAC Systems
In some properties, a standard Houston HVAC system that uses ducts isn’t a good fit. Thankfully, a duct-free split system is also an option. It’s also possible to use these systems alongside an existing duct HVAC system. A duct-free split system should provide:
- Heat pumps and an air conditioner that allows the refrigerant to be cooled and heated.
- A compact fan coil.
- Tubing and wires that connect the fan coil to the outdoor unit.
- A control panel or thermostat.
- Optional accessories that will clean and purify the air before it is spread throughout a building.
4. Packaged Houston HVAC Systems
Smaller homes and offices might not have room for the many components of a split system. A packaged Houston HVAC system can work very well in a space like this. These units are specifically designed to distribute hot and cool air throughout confined spaces. You can expect a packaged HVAC system to contain:
- A unit that combines an air conditioner and heat pump with an evaporator and fan coil.
- A thermostat or control panel that provides full control over the system.
- Option accessories to enhance air quality, such as ventilators, air cleaners, UV lamps, or purifiers.
Now that you’re familiar with the four types of Houston HVAC systems, it will be easier for you to find the right system for your home. Ultimately, the goal of any Houston HVAC system is to keep a home comfortable by distributing clean air throughout a building. This lesson has prepared you to choose the ideal system for your own home. Use this information so that you can find a system that meets all of your needs.
Check out our blog for more related content. For more information on Houston HVAC services, contact AC Man Of Houston today by giving us a call at (713) 460-2653. Contact us today for any questions or concerns.