Dispelling Myths Of Ductless HVAC Technology
Ductless mini splits are growing in popularity across the nation as both business and homeowners choose to use ductless HVAC systems for indoor comfort solutions. However, there is still misinformation regarding the technology used for this solution. The latest trend in the HVAC industry involves experts working together to dispel the myths; thereby, helping consumers learn more about the ductless technology and how to can be applied in both businesses and homes.
The Most Well-Known Myths About Ductless HVAC Units
- MYTH: Ductless units can be installed in any location within a building.
- TRUTH: While no ductwork is necessary for the air circulation in a unit, the sizing and placement are as significant when installing ductless indoor HVAC systems. Placement influences efficiency and the effectiveness of conditioned air delivery. By installing units anywhere you please, you will increase the utility expenses and contribute to poor indoor temperature regulation.
- MYTH: The mini-split HVAC unit needs to remain ductless.
- TRUTH: It is not true that all ductless units must remain duct-free.
Recently, the ducted mini-split system has gained popularity in the HVAC industry. This type of system utilizes existing ducts and infrastructure in the building for the efficient delivery of cooling and heating; as well as, improving effectiveness via inverter technology and zoning.
- MYTH: Ductless mini-split units are utilized for supplemental cooling and heating exclusively.
- TRUTH: While the ductless mini-split system is the ideal alternative for affordable additional cooling and heating to certain areas in the home, they are capable of handling the full heating and cooling demands of a property when installed correctly.
- MYTH: Ductless systems require more maintenance than the central HVAC systems.
- TRUTH: The myth of ductless systems requiring more maintenance has been reported due to the advanced technology utilized by the ductless mini-split systems. Consumers are often mistaken in their belief that a system with advanced technology will require more service or maintenance. In reality, the ductless systems are effective in their design; therefore, the users are able to perform regular maintenance without a need for professional assistance. Contractors are required to perform maintenance when necessary by the central system. Filters can also be removed for simple cleaning purposes.
- MYTH: The ductless mini-splits cannot be retrofit and are installed in new constructions exclusively.
- TRUTH: Ductless systems are suited for both retrofit and new construction applications. While this technology is typically utilized in new constructions according to their efficient technology and space-saving features, the same qualities make the ductless option an ideal choice for retrofit installation.
Comfort Specialists is a professional service with trained technicians here to assist you in attaining full comfort at your home with HVAC system solutions. This ranges from maintenance and installation to design and equipment. The AC Man of Houston can increase the effectiveness of your property while providing you with quick and precise services. Our staff’s skills, combined with the commitment to customer service, make us one of the elite HVAC companies in the Houston area and in the HVAC industry.
AC Man is a professional HVAC repair company in Houston, TX. We offer both commercial and residential HVAC services. Give us a call today to speak with a professional HVAC repair technician, or check our services.